LEGISLATIVE COMMITTEE LOCAL LODGE 1932
Dear Sisters and Brothers,
I hope you are all doing well and staying safe. We are 84 days from the General U.S Election
on November 03, 2020 and in addition we have other national events that requires our
immediate attention. I have listed some of these items below. Our immediate participation will
help our Unions and communities.
● We need to tell our U.S Senators to support a clean extension of the Airline Payroll Support
Program and Heroes Act.
● We must support legislation that will fully fund The United States Postal Service . We have
depended on the USPS for over 200 years to get our mail and other services. We cannot
allow the USPS to operate with anything less of what is essential for The USPS to properly
operate during these challenging times. It must be fully funded immediately.
● Please make sure you register to vote and in addition request an absentee ballot. When
you do receive your absentee ballot fill it out immediately and mail it. Here’s the link to
register to vote. https://registertovote.ca.gov/?ref=voteusa or https://vote.gov/ for all the
● Please make sure that you fill out your 2020 Census by September 30, 2020. An accurate
Census count is important, as it allocates by population size over $675 Billion in crucial
federal government resources across the the U.S. California and Los Angeles. we cannot
afford to lose healthcare, education, and community resources due to being under counted
for the next 10 years. In addition , we also cannot afford to lose our voice and
representation in Congress. According to experts, California could potentially lose two
seats in the U.S House of Representatives. Please take five minutes to fill out the census
https://www.commerce.gov > census
● Please stay informed by visiting our Local Lodge 1932, District 141 and 142 and The
Grand Lodge websites.
Local Lodge 1932